(Okay, the whole truth is that we choose to market to women only. Husbands, sons, and whatevers are welcome – as Pete, Nolan, Angelo, Al, Bill, Gary, Rick, et al can tell you.)
Women have been misled.
Misled by other women.
(Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson, way back to Jane Fonda, etc.)
Misled by well-meaning men.
(Significant others, coaches, sleazy guys in tank tops at other gyms)
Despite what you might see on Instagram, intelligent fitness programming is hard. It takes a least a modicum of education to do it marginally successfully, and a ton of experience to do it well.
In other words, your husband/boyfriend doesn’t know what he’s talking about (because his gym teacher 30 years ago didn’t know what he was talking about either).
- No, light weights won’t ever change your body.
- No, heavier weights won’t make you bulky.
- No, editor of a major women’s health magazine who tried to argue with me, there’s no such thing as “men’s exercises.”
- No, cardio is not magic.
- No, you won’t find a chapter on “toning” or “sculpting” or even “muscle confusion” in any exercise physiology textbook.
Most of all …
- No, physical “perfection” should not be your main goal.
My mission is to help women exercise because it’s just plain fun to move plus the health benefits are more than skin deep. Of course, superficial changes are nice, too. Fortunately, they come with the package when you’re following an intelligently designed program made just for you and your unique needs.
If you need help designing your program, let me know. If you can’t make it to the gym, be sure to ask me about our new online workout option.